A small and lightweight 6-axis gyro stabilized gimbal platform designed to meet the needs of a wide range of markets. The SHOTOVER M1 features an open platform design that allows for future resolution growth, while delivering unshakable stability and unmatched look down capability. Like all SHOTOVER systems, the M1 is backed by industry-leading 24/7 service and support.
From high-speed pursuits to natural disasters, the M1 Broadcast’s unrivaled look-down capability, superior range of movement and next-generation real-time augmented reality mapping provides audiences with unparalleled viewpoints into breaking news.
Real-Time Augmented Reality Mapping
SHOTOVER’s next generation augmented reality mapping software overlays critical geo-referenced information on top of live video. In the aircraft or the control room, operators can interact with the live airborne video and full control over what is shown on the broadcast feed.
- Quickly navigate to breaking news locations with our built-in address search and navigation tools
- Create and combine shapes to measure area of fires or estimate crowds
- Reduce operator workload by automatically steering the camera to the location
- Fully customizable branding, colors, logos and on-screen graphics
- Lifetime of software updates included
Livestreaming and Internet Viewing
With our cloud-based video management system, Earthscape, news stations can take advantage of helicopter footage that doesn’t make the morning or evening news with online livestreaming. Easily upload, review and manage tags, clipmarks, and footprints for any video captured.
- Upload and manage video archive in the secure cloud
- Quickly find stored videos utilizing filters and key search terms
- Livestream your broadcast with real-time moving maps that set your station apart
- Review all videos that took place in a region during a certain time span
A first in airborne surveillance, the M1 features the latest in large format color sensor technology for unprecedented daytime clarity and revealing nighttime detail. Precision high magnification zoom optics outclass traditional spotter-equipped systems with superior 4K Ultra HD broadcast quality detail while maintaining greater stand-off distances for safety and stealth.
Real-Time Augmented Reality Overlays
The M1 Surveillance comes equipped with SHOTOVER’s real-time augmented reality software and comprehensive mission management solutions. Regardless of the weather elements or time of day, operators can pinpoint vehicle locations, suspects, coordinates, and much more.
Additional custom features designed for surveillance include a proprietary 3D compass for accurate feature size measurements, multiple orientation views, perimeter mapping and geo-markers for highlighting locations and landmarks.
SHOTOVER M1 System Features
- Smaller and lighter than heritage aerial broadcast systems
- SHOTOVER Generation5 technology delivers unshakable stability and ultimate functionality
- 6-axis gyro stabilized with unequaled look down capability
- Able to ship with payload fitted from the factory
- Compact size and weight allows affordable transport as freight or excess baggage
- Ultra-lightweight and rugged 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum structure
- No ITAR restrictions or EAR licensing requirements
- Compatible with most FAA and EASA approved aircraft mounts
- Various top plate options are available to easily allow mounting on various platforms - land, sea and air
- Integration with moving map platforms helps broadcasters quickly identify ground locations and addresses during fast-moving assignments
- Quickly and easily interchange multiple cameras and lenses
- Angled front window for brilliant imagery without undesirable flares
- 3x SDI or fiber video options
- Customizable graphics overlay for real-time operator feedback
- Auto or steerable horizon with the most advanced steering capabilities on the market
- Inverted operation using auto-position detectors
- Custom color scheme services available to match broadcaster’s branding
In conjunction with system users, our engineers meticulously designed the SHOTOVER M1 gimbal controller. It provides the highest level of functionality with ideal placement of controls.
Features of the Gimbal Controller include:
- Layout allows fast transition from heritage systems
- Recessed cable connections for increased cable life
- Master rate control for rapid adjustment
- Integrated 15VDC 120W Monitor Power Supply
- Force Joystick Option
- Iris Wheel control on the side and top of controller
- LED display with customizable switches
- Ergonomic Wrist Support
- Fully integrated camera control units; Ikegami RM-70F
- Break out FI+Z control with Preston HU3
- Dual 5V USB A Ports for powering Accessories (including smartphones)
- Mount Holes for accessories & monitor mounting
- 6-axis with no gimbal lock
- High performance non-ITAR sensors
- Distributed Multi-processor closed loop servo control system
- Proprietary gimbal control algorithms
GIMBAL FIELD OF VIEW
- Pan: 360 degrees continuous (via electrical and optical rotary joints)
- Tilt: +45 deg to -120deg (Max), +40 to – 115 (Standard)
- Roll: +/-85 degrees (steerable or auto horizon)
- Max slew rate: +/- 75 degrees
DATA / COMMUNICATION
- SDI or Fiber Optic Video Options
- CAN Bus
- RS 422 Serial Bus
- Turret without payload 18.9kg (41.6lbs) + payload
- Operator control unit 2.5kg (5.5lbs)
- External cable set: 1.0kg (2.2lbs)
- 24-60 VDC
- 10 Amps Max Draw (at 28V)
- Operating Temperature: -20 to +50 degrees C
OPERATOR CONTROL UNIT
- Customizable video overlay (Monitor Output)
- Recess for camera remotes such as:
- Ikegami RM-70F
- Custom control layouts available upon request
UNRIVALED SUPPORT AND WARRANTY
- Includes 2-Year Hardware Warranty
- No Annual Fee for Support or Software Updates
- 24/7 Service and Support Line
*Manufacturer reserves the right to change specifications to reflect improvements and or changes in technology at any time.
“Live broadcast events provide the harshest and most trying conditions with no room for error. SHOTOVER's continued commitment to innovation and exceptional reliability, ensures we are offering the most advanced and dependable camera system on the market," - Simon Aldridge of Amis Productions.
- Simon Aldridge of Amis Productions
Camera & Lens Configurations
SHOTOVER Camera Compatability. Select a camera to view lenses that can be used with the SHOTOVER M1
RED DSMC2: Weapon 6K, Scarlet Weapon, Epic-W S35, Weapon 8K S35, Weapon 8K Vista Vision
Please note cameras and lenses not included.