SHOTOVER Systems, Inc.
Last revised: February 25, 2021
THE SCOPE OF THIS POLICY AND YOUR CONSENT
This policy applies to all Shotover website users. Please review this Policy before using this website. By using this website, you are consenting to the collection, use, and disclosure of your Personal Information as set forth in this Policy. If you do not agree to be bound by this Policy, you may not access or use this service. Please remember that your use of the Shotover website is also subject to our Terms of Service.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Shotover website, we collect the information you provide, usage information, and information about your device. We also collect information about you from other sources like third party services, and optional programs in which you participate, which we may combine with other information we have about you. Here are the types of Personal Information we collect about you:
- We collect contact and other relevant information about your business if your business signs on for our services or requests information on our products, or if your employees or agents use a corporate account to do business with us.
- We collect data when users first request any information on our products. This may include their name, email, telephone number, location and any special requests that may be made.
- We also collect Personal Information if you apply for a job. Such information may include your name, email, telephone number, address, demographic information, Social Security number, birthdate, immigration status, criminal record if any (where permitted by law), information confirming that you are legally entitled to work, and other sensitive personal information. Some of this information may be collected by an authorized vendor on our behalf.
- We collect transaction information related to the sale of our products, including the type of products requested or provided, order details, date and time the product was sold and delivered, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. We collect feedback about our products that you submit to us.
- If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you’re using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may collect your precise, real-time location using GPS, cell phone towers, Wi-Fi signals, and/or beacon technology (including Apple’s iBeacon), and/or future technologies. We might look at how often you use an app and where you downloaded it. We collect this information using the tracking tools described below and in compliance with applicable local law.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN DIFFERENT WAYS.
We collect information about your interactions with the Shotover Platform like our online store and websites, including the pages and content you view and the dates and times of your use. For example, if you sign up for our email list, we collect such information about you automatically.
Device Information: We collect information about the devices you use to access the Shotover Platform, including device model, IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, identity of carrier and manufacturer, radio type (such as 4G), preferences and settings (such as preferred language), application installations, device identiﬁers, and advertising identiﬁers.
Where permitted by law we use tracking tools such as browser cookies, tracking pixels, data analytics tools like Google Analytics and other third party technologies to understand how you navigate through the Shotover Platform and interact with Shotover advertisements, to learn what content is popular and to serve you better. We collect information about users over time when you use this website. We may have third parties collect Personal Information this way.
Cookies are small text ﬁles that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Shotover website. You should consult your web browser(s) if you wish to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may miss out on certain features of the Shotover Platform.
Where permitted by law, we may share information with third parties with whom we do business. We may get information from persons acting on your behalf. We may also get information from social media platforms and advertising and analytics providers.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM THIRD PARTIES
Third party services provide us with information needed for core aspects of the Shotover Platform, as well as for additional services, programs, loyalty beneﬁts, and promotions that can enhance your experience. These third-party services include marketing providers and other businesses. We obtain the following information about you from these third-party services:
- Information to operationalize promotional programs, such as information about your use of such programs; and
- Information about you provided by specific services, such as demographic and market segment information.
We may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online, to the extent covered by the transactional purpose or your consent. Or we may combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
If someone refers you to Shotover, we will collect information about you from that referral source including your name and contact information.
Other users or public or third-party sources such as law enforcement, insurers, media, or pedestrians may provide us information about you, for example as part of an investigation into an incident or to provide you support.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your Personal Information to provide the product quotes you request, or to ask you to participate in a customer survey. Where legally permitted, we may use your Personal Information to personalize your experience with us. We might also use your information to respond to a question about our products.
We may use your information to improve our website, services and products. Where legally permitted, we may combine the information that we get from you with information about you we get from third parties.
We use your Personal Information to:
- Customize your use of the Shotover Platform
- Provide customer service and support
- Improve the Shotover Platform
- Build and maintain the Shotover community
- Respond to legal proceedings
We use information for security purposes. Where legally permitted, we may use your information to protect our company, our customers, and our websites.
We may use your information for marketing purposes. We might send you information about new services or special offers. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. If you register with us, we’ll send you our promotional emails. We obtain consents as required by law before marketing to you. To manage this, read the choices section below.
WE USE INFORMATION AS DISCLOSED OR OTHERWISE PERMITTED BY LAW.
We use your Personal Information to provide an intuitive, beneficial, efﬁcient, and valuable experience on our platform. To do this, we use your Personal Information to:
- Verify your identity and maintain your account, settings, and preferences;
- Send quotes or invoices and process payments;
- Communicate with you about your training and sales experience;
- Collect feedback regarding your experience;
- Operate contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions;
- Communicate with you about events, promotions, and campaigns;
- Personalize and provide content, experiences, communications, and advertising to promote and grow the Shotover Platform
Providing Customer Support: Our goal is to provide you the best service and products possible, including supporting you when you need it. To do this, we use your Personal Information to investigate and assist in resolving questions or issues you have regarding the Shotover Platform.
Where legally permitted, we may use your information to protect our company, our customers, and our websites.
Improving the Shotover Platform. We are always working to improve your experience and provide you with new and helpful features. To do this, we use your Personal Information to:
- Perform research, testing, and analysis;
- Develop new services, features, and partnerships;
- Prevent, ﬁnd, and resolve software or hardware bugs and issues; and
- Monitor and improve our operations and processes, including security practices, algorithms, and other modeling.
Responding to Legal Proceedings and Requirements. Sometimes the law, government entities, or other regulatory bodies impose demands and obligations on us with respect to the services we seek to provide. In such a circumstance, we may use your Personal Information to respond to those demands or obligations.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information. To make the Shotover Platform work, we may need to share your Personal Information with third parties, including service providers. This section explains when and why we share your information.
Upon receiving a product or service request, we share with the assigned Sales Representative, Engineer or Technician your name, location and contact information. We do not share your phone number or contact information with other users.
We may share your information with third parties. However, Shotover will not sell, rent, share, license or otherwise trade your Personal Information to any third party without your permission or under special circumstances, such as when Shotover believes in good faith that the law requires it to do so under the circumstances. In the event that Shotover is ever sold or acquired, any of your Personal Information, including your email address, may be sold or acquired in such acquisition. Any purchaser will be required to adhere to the requirements set forth in this Policy.
We will share your information with data processors that perform services on our behalf. For example, we share information with vendors who send emails and other communications for us. We also share information with companies that help us operate our sites or run promotions and advertisers and advertising networks that assist us in marketing and advertising our products and services. Some vendors may be located in a country other than where you live.
Sharing with Third Party Service Providers for Business Purposes
Shotover may share the following categories of your Personal Information for a business purpose to provide you with a variety of the Shotover Platform’s features and services:
- Personal identiﬁers, such as your name and email address for input into our CRM system;
- Financial information, such as bank routing numbers, tax information, and any other payment information you provide us;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your IP address, type of browser, version of operating system, carrier and/or manufacturer, device identiﬁers, and mobile advertising identiﬁers
- We will share your information with data processors that perform services on our behalf.
We disclose those categories of Personal Information to service providers to fulﬁll the following business purposes:
- Maintaining and servicing your Shotover account;
- Processing or fulﬁlling product and service requests;
- Providing you customer service;
- Processing product or service transactions;
- Verifying the identity of users;
- Detecting and preventing fraud;
- Processing insurance claims;
- Providing promotional programs;
- Providing marketing and advertising services to Shotover;
- Providing analytics services to Shotover; and
- Undertaking internal research to develop the Shotover Platform.
For Legal Reasons and to Protect the Shotover Platform
We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves, our customers or others. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena, or in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to comply with applicable federal, state, or local law or regulation, civil, criminal or regulatory inquiry, investigation or legal process, or enforceable government request.
We will share your information to cooperate with law enforcement agencies concerning conduct or activity that we reasonably and in good faith believe may violate federal, state, or local law; or exercise or defend legal claims, protect against harm to our rights, property, interests, or safety or the rights, property, interests, or safety of you, third parties, or the public as required or permitted by law.
With your permission or upon your direction, we may disclose your Personal Information to interact with a third party or for other purposes.
HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We take reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your Personal Information. But no security measures can be 100% effective, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information, including against unauthorized intrusions or acts by third parties.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR DATA
As explained more fully below, Shotover’s Application provides ways for you to access and delete your Personal Information as well as exercise other data rights that give you certain control over your Personal Information.
Opt Out of Email Subscriptions
You can opt out of receiving email marketing messages from us. To stop receiving our promotional emails, you can follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us, or directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
Application Profile Information
You can review and edit certain account information you have chosen to add to your profile by logging in to your account settings and profile.
You Can Control Cookies and Tracking Tools
Do Not Track
Do not track is a feature offered by some browsers, with some newer browsers offering it as default. If you enable it, it sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing not be tracked, for example by third party ad or social networks, or by analytics companies. You can opt out of tracking and analytics on this website by changing your settings within your browser.
At present, no industry-wide uniform standard has been agreed and adopted to determine how DNT requests should be managed, so our website does not currently respond to DNT requests.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below. To exercise these rights, see the “Exercising Your California Privacy Rights” section below.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Information; and
- The speciﬁc pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the Personal Information we have collected from you. There are a number of exceptions, however, that include when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Provide you a good or service;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientiﬁc, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Opt-Out Right. California residents also have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of their Personal Information. The word “sale” is used in quotation marks because the California statute considers some transfers of Personal Information to third parties in exchange for value as “sales,” even if no money changes hands, such as when online identifiers, device IDs, and other information is shared with third party businesses to further their own commercial purposes.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
To make a request, please send us an email at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below.
5660 Airport Blvd, Suite 101
Boulder, CO 80301 USA
OUR SITES AND CHILDREN
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
For your safety and ours, we may need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request.
Please check our site regularly for updates.